Benefits of membership
Membership is available to any potential athlete/official/coach over the age of 8 years and provides for both sexes in all age groups. The Membership fee to the Club represents good value for money and remains very competitive against other athletic clubs and other local sports clubs.
It should be noted that annual subscriptions represent 70% of the Clubs’ annual income, which is used for the ‘day to day’ operation of the Club and the improvement of our facilities.
If you would like to join us, please complete our on-line membership application form: https://my.coacha.app/member_signup/ZE39PJGRYR
The subscriptions are required to cover the annual costs of:
- Annual affiliation fees to UK Athletics, England Athletics, the Midland Counties AA and the County affiliations to both Northamptonshire and Warwickshire.
- Hire of the track facilities at Rugby and Northampton for Club training sessions 3 times per week on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings.
- Payment for floodlights for winter training at both centres.
- Hire of tracks at both venues for League competitions and Open meetings.
- Entry fees for Team Championships in Cross-Country and Road Relays
- Subsidised coach travel to some league meetings.
- Payments for coaches/officials attending upgrading courses, to improve their ability to officiate/coach for the benefit of the Club and its athletes.
- League registration fees for the
- Midland Track & Field League (Senior Men & Women)
- National Youth Development League (U13 to U20 Age Groups)
- Midland Veterans T & F League (Over 35 Men & Women)
- Heart of England League (U11 to U20 Age Groups)
- Birmingham Cross-Country League (Men)
- Midland Women’s Cross Country League
- West Midlands Young Athletes Cross Country League (Under 11 to Under 17 age groups)
- Three Counties Cross Country League (Senior Men & Women)
- Warwickshire Sportshall Athletics League (U11 to U17 Age Groups)
The annual membership fee is less than £3 per week for a full member.
Note that ALL competing athletes (except under 11s) are required to register with England Athletics. Members are responsible for paying their own affiliation fee to EA via the EA Members Portal. This costs £15 + £1 administration fee. After you have paid your club membership, you will receive a separate e-mail asking you to pay your EA fee.
The Club prefers membership fee payments to be made by Direct Debit using our service provider, GoCardless. We have included links below to set up the Direct Debit mandate and membership subscription. For Individual and Family memberships, we offer a choice of two annual payment plans (a single instalment or 4 equal instalments over the first four months of your membership year) or the alternative of ongoing monthly payment plans.
Membership fees (annual memberships only) can also be made by Faster Payment into our bank account (see below for bank details).
FAMILY MEMBERSHIP (STANDARD)
Volunteer / Coach
If you are a Volunteer or Coach (with a current UKA coaching qualification who actively participates in the Club’s coaching structure on a voluntary basis), your Club membership is free. Competing Volunteers and coaches need to pay the England Athletics registration fee (see above).
Please contact Membership Admin in case of financial hardship to discuss alternative payment arrangements.
For second claim membership, or for any queries about Club Membership, please contact Membership Admin.
Membership Admin Contact
Our bank details: Name – Rugby & Northampton Athletic Club Sort Code – 30-97-17 Account number – 36043568 Payment reference: Member’s name