Benefits of membership
Membership is available to any potential athlete/official/coach over the age of 8 years and provides for both sexes in all age groups. The Membership fee to the Club represents good value for money and remains very competitive against other athletic clubs and other local sports clubs.
It should be noted that annual subscriptions represent 70% of the Clubs’ annual income, which is used for the ‘day to day’ operation of the Club and the improvement of our facilities.
Download our membership form here: Application form 2018
The subscriptions are required to cover the annual costs of:
- Annual affiliation fees to UK Athletics, the AAA of England, the Midland Counties AA and the County affiliations to both Northamptonshire and Warwickshire.
- Membership of ALL competing athletes to the England Athletics Registration Scheme, which is mandatory.
- Hire of the track facilities at Rugby and Northampton for Club training sessions 3 times per week on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings.
- Payment for floodlights for winter training at both centres.
- Hire of tracks at both venues for League competitions and Open meetings.
- Entry fees for Team Championships in Cross-Country and Road Relays
- Subsidised coach travel to some league meetings.
- Payments for coaches/officials attending upgrading courses, to improve their ability to officiate/coach for the benefit of the Club and its athletes.
- Payments to MACC coaches for winter workshops to coach in disciplines where the Club has deficiencies in coaching.
- League registration fees for the
- Midland Track & Field League (Senior Men & Women)
- National Youth Development League (Junior Men & Women)
- Midland Veterans T & F League (Men & Women)
- Heart of England League (Junior Men & Women)
- Birmingham Cross-Country League
The annual membership fee is less than £3 per week for a full member.
The Club prefers payments made by bank transfer, but they can be made by cheque or cash.
|Full (adults and juniors)|
|All individual members up to age 65. Use of all Club facilities. New members will receive a Club vest.|
|Ladies Running Groups.|
|Use of all Club facilities. Being As many people in this category will not represent the club regularly, a Club vest must be purchased.|
|Road Runners and Over 65s.|
|Limited use of Club facilities. As many people in this category will not represent the club regularly, a Club vest must be purchased.|
|Student Concessions (U20 and U23s) .|
|Use of all Club facilities. New members will receive a Club vest|
|Family (minimum 3)|
£300 + £25 per person
|Three or more members from the same family. Use of all Club facilities. Each member will receive a club vest.|
|Members who do not wish to train or compete but just be part of one of the top athletic clubs in the Midlands.|
|Competing Volunteers and coaches are required to purchase a Club vest, and pay £15 to cover England Athletics Registration fees.|
Recognising the difficulty some members experience in paying fees in one transaction, there is an option to pay over a maximum five months for full or family membership. Please contact Membership Admin for details.
For second claim membership, or for any queries with regards to the Club Membership please contact Membership Admin.
To join the Club, please download a membership form and hand the completed form in to an Official at either Rugby or Northampton tracks, or email to the Membership Secretary.
Membership Admin Contact:
bank details: Name – Rugby & Northampton Athletic Club Sort Code – 30-97-17 Account number – 36043568 Athlete name as reference