As you will all be aware this is a rapidly evolving situation so please keep checking this site for more updates. The advice as of 10th March is as follows:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Notice – 10 March 2020
There is presently no reason people should stop doing their daily sport. First and foremost, we want to ensure that all our members and families are safe. We would like to see as little disruption to training nights as possible, but the well-being of our athletes is our priority.
If you have any symptoms, or have been in contact with someone that has, please self-isolate. Please also inform your coach so that we can monitor the situation at the club. Under no circumstances should you train or race if you have a fever.
We ask that you follow the guidelines below:
• Avoid touching your face especially if your hands are not clean.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
• Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards.
• And most importantly wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds (you could sing happy birthday twice if this helps!)
• Try not to have a lot of contact with other athletes.
The committee will be monitoring the situation and will keep everyone updated as and when necessary.
Rugby and Northampton Athletic Club