This category starts at the spritely age of 35 both for men and women and with no age upper cap an athlete can compete indefinitely.
R&N AC has established arguably the strongest masters track and field team in the Midlands – having won the Midland Veteran’s Track and Field league 6 out of the last 7 years.
The Club competes in the eastern pool of the Midland Veterans league – and runs two teams, the R & N Lions (A string ) and R & N Saints (B string ).
These teams are made up of both male and female squads. This gives plenty of scope for athletes of a wide range of abilities to get involved and compete. In 2013 the men’s and women’s teams once again won the Eastern Division, and also the Midland League Cup finals in September – successfully competing against teams from across the Midlands.
Catering for all levels of ability from entry level to international masters athletes, a number of athletes are training and competing successfully well into their late 60′s – age is most certainly no barrier.
Track and field cater for all the events; some prefer individual events, sprints, jumps, throws, etc. We also have many multi-eventers (decathlon, heptathlon and pentathlon).
Masters also have the opportunity to compete all year round in road races and cross country events during the winter months at and up to regional/national level.
The summer schedule includes road relay teams and events like the East Midland GP series and the Warwickshire road race series, where the club also runs its own events within these competitions.
Training takes place at both sites:
- Due to the closure of the Sixfields track whilst construction work takes place and until the brand new Athletic track and facilities at Moulton Collage are complete, training locations for all squads are under the direction of individual Lead Coaches.
- Details are available from any Northampton coach or can be requested via the general enquiries link here on the website or Dave Goddard, Coaching Co-Ordinator via email@example.com
- Meet at the Club house, inside the Rugby track adjacent to the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Centre.
- Training Tuesday and Thursday from 6.30pm
- Training Sunday 10.00-11.00am (-11.30am multi-eventers).
- During the weekday training there are groups for track and field, distance, road and cross country.
- Finish before 8.00pm
- Changing facilities available in the Club house.
If you are interested in getting involved in Masters athletics, either competing, working towards the marathon you have just entered, or just training to improve your running we are keen to welcome you! We encourage runners to try us out for four sessions to see if we are right for you , before committing to joining the Club.
We also encourage people to take up coaching and officiating. Many senior athletes do these as well as compete.
Contact details for further information
We look forward to hearing from you!